Pulse has been of a great help for me personally to manage versions, plugins and to share profiles. It is a great sign of relief to many developers and also corporates as it eased the plugin configuration. I quickly checked with the new pulse release and its very interesting and matured a lot. Following are some interesting features that i noticed with Pulse 2.1 …
- Seamless support (Select -> Add -> Done) for building a customized eclipse config
- Features selection automatically prompts for the related software. This is especially useful when we want to customize the features getting added to the Eclipse Configuration.
- Improved set of plugins support (Add-On Software -> Browse Categories)
- Improved UI interactions and Response Time
- And finally Pulse Freelance seems to be a nice value added feature for corporates. According to the features description, i understand that the organizations would be able to add their custom / specific plugins to the catalog, share the configuration with development groups or individuals and have a private update site.